Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Searching for Model 14's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mozmalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My mother bought me a pair of Model 14's when I was 13 in 1981. They have been overseas and back twice. I sold them, STUPIDLY!!, due to the wife saying we had no space in our old apartment. I sold them on ebay. I miss them and have to find Model 14's that work and sound great...I don't care about cosmetics. I'd upgrade to 19's too. Guys, help me out here!! There is nothing that sounds like vintage Altecs with Mantarray Horns. I had Altec in OKC work on them twice and now they are somewhere in Wisconsin! LOOKING TO PICK UP SOME 14's or 19's. Any suggestions????

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mozmalik, try a place called "i sold it" in Indianapolis. It is an ebay store . They did have a set of 14s on ebay but they did not sell. You may be able to still get them if they have not gone back up for auction. I think there number is 317-570-8476. Good luck.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I recall that eBay listing. Actually, they were listed a couple of different times if memory serves. That particular pair did not have the correct woofers in them. I wasn't sure if they were even Altec drivers. There might have been a reason why those didn't sell. Buyer beware!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.